We have an exciting opportunity to join a thriving business based in Newcastle. Over the last 85 years our clients have built thousands of new homes and created communities for families to grow and thrive. Building on their vast experience, you can expect that and more from our client in the future.
The role of Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for managing the commercial aspects of each development. This includes managing the costs for each site and ensuring that targets are met by managing and controlling the budgets and valuations. Senior Surveyors are typically allocated sites that are more complex by nature, whether this is due to the type of construction, the speed of construction, or whether it is a multi-phase site or a consortium site (shared infrastructure with another developer).
This position will report to the Commercial Director.
The role –
Produce draft budgets and site start budgets for each site allocated to the Quantity Surveyor.
• Produce quarterly valuations and complete material ‘cost to complete’ exercises for each site the Quantity Surveyor is responsible for.
• Produce sub-contract payments and final accounts, ensuring that the sub-contractor has signed these off.
• Produce sub-contract orders, ensuring they are authorised by the authorised representative, together with all necessary documentation to comply with Group Commercial Policy.
• Complete on-site measurements and assess payments to contractors.
• Attend and contribute to various meetings, such as pre-order meetings, quarterly valuation meetings and project review meetings with senior management, construction team as well as external contractors.
• Manage all sub-contract orders on site, meeting sub-contractors as and when required.
• Maintain trade specifications.
• Price customer extras and liaise with sales department as necessary.
• Manage Professional Fees Budget.
• Assist with material buying when required.
• Assist the Estimator and / or Commercial Manager with take-off’s for land appraisals when required
We are looking for someone who is willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked. This is an office based role, with travel within the Divisional area. We also need someone with the ability to travel to development sites as and when required.
The benefits –
- Competitive salary
- Competitive car allowance
- Optional salary sacrifice car scheme
- Competitive annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Access to discounts and benefits portal
- Share Save Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Life assurance